Monday, April 27, 2009

People and Cardinal Points


Most people do not know cardinal points. Now I know I am not the only one. Two months ago, I had an interview for a job in a tour company. In order to arrive to the company, I had to fallow a direction. It was:450 meters West from the City Hall of Tibás. I had to use my compass because I do not know about cardinal points. Once I started to walk, I did not find the building. As a result, I asked a lot of people from Tibás where the West is. What a surprise! They did not know. Finally, I had to call to the company, and asked what was happening. I had a shock, when I knew that all the time I was Walking in the opposite direction. But it was not my fault because I was using the compass, so what happened? The girl who interview me, told me that sometimes they have that problem. When they gave the address, forty percent of the people get lost. No way! So most of the people found the place. Even with the wrong direction, because It was East not West. That was when I realized that most of the people in Costa Rica do not know the cardinal points.

1 comment:

  1. yes, it is completely true. what happens it that most of the costarricans dont know even where is the west, north, south, and easth.
    hehehe, traveling in costa rica is such a mess

    ReplyDelete